Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Delhi, the organising institute for the Graduate Aptitude Test Engineering (GATE) 2020, has launched the GATE official website (gate.iitd.ac.in) on Tuesday. The examination, result dates and application fee structure have also been announced. GATE 2020 will be conducted for 25 subjects and it would be distributed over February 1, 2, 8 and 9 next year. The GATE examination centres are spread in different cities across India, as well as, in six cities outside India. The examination would be purely a Computer Based Test (CBT).
The GATE 2020 score is valid for three years from the date of announcement of the results.
Gate 2020: Important Dates
GATE 2020 exam will be held on the basis of this schedule:
GATE 2020: Eligibility criteria
The following candidates are eligible to appear in GATE 2020:
– Bachelor’s degree holders in Engineering/ Technology (4 years after 10+2 or 3 years after B.Sc/ Diploma in Engineering/ Technology) and those who are in the final year of such programmes.
– Bachelor’s degree holders in Architecture (Five years course)/ Naval Architecture (Four years course) and those who are in the final year of such programmes.
– Bachelor’s degree holders of 4-year programe in science (B.S.) and those who are in the final year of such programmes.
– Master’s degree holders in any branch of Science/ Mathematics/ Statistics/ Computer Applications or equivalent and those who are in the final year of such programmes.
-Holders of 4-year Integrated Master’s degree (Post B.Sc) in Engineering / Technology and those who are in the second or higher year of such programmes.
– Holders of 5-year Integrated Master’s degree or Dual Degree in Engineering/Technology and those who are in the fourth or higher year of such programmes.
– Holders of 5-year Integrated M. Sc or 5-year Integrated B. Sc/ M.Sc Dual Degree and those who are in the final year of such programmes.
Candidate with qualification obtained through examinations conducted by professional societies recognized by UPSC/ AICTE as equivalent to B.E./ B.Tech. Those who have completed section A of AMIE or equivalent of such professional courses are also eligible.
GATE 2020: Fees
Following fees will be applied to candidates who are appearing from various categories: